Monday, February 8, 2016

3 steps forward, one step back and two steps forwardy a

Yesterday Sunday, took one day of working on the train to go fly model airplanes.
Monday evening I was ready to work.
Cut the last prices of plywood with the circular saw before dinner. I don't like t annoy the neighbors with th noise.
After dinner son and I went back to the store to buy more 2x1s and a plane.
We rapidly installed legs on the last section that needed them. Also rapidly glad and nailed the plywood on all sections but one.
Since I had noticed that the two large sections were a bit wobbly, I add a reinforcement on the legs. Making them a two piece 2x1 legs. The boards were arranged 90° to each other. The result was a more stiffer table.
Before going to bed decided to arrange the sections I their proper positions. Then is when I realized I had assembled one part backwards.
I blame it on my left handed syndrome. I think I was forced to use my right hand a kid. ( it's been my excuse forever to justify my sloppy handwriting LOL!)
Never make asymmetric tables and not pay attention wich side you put the plywood!
A few pieces of 2x1 and I made the table a rectangular table and we will have to live with it.

The layout is eating most of my garage!

Anyways it was a productive day!





No comments:

Post a Comment